Fact sheet from State Plumbing Board February 27, 2018
Answers to Contractor Questions by the Louisiana State Plumbing Board Regarding Master Natural Gas Fitter & Natural Gas Fitter Licensure – ACT 297
This report, by E4TheFuture:
- reviews and summarizes research studies of residential energy efficiency and related ventilation upgrades
- discusses ways that programs have monetized occupant health co-benefits
- identifies where research gaps exist, and/or where research can be improved and leveraged
- provides an overview of innovative programs that combine energy efficiency and health-focused home repairs
Significant Energy & Mechanical Code Changes for 2015
- Significant Changes to the International Mechanical and Fuel Gas Codes, 2015 Edition (with Louisiana Amendments)
PowerPoint presentation by Mark Roberts, 4/23/2017
Copyright 2015 International Code Council
- Significant Changes to the International Plumbing, Mechanical and Fuel Gas Codes, 2012 Edition
PowerPoint presentation by Mark Roberts, 10/19/2015
Copyright 2011 International Code Council
- Significant Energy & Mechanical Code Changes for January 1, 2015 with Louisiana Amendments
PowerPoint presentation by Tim Pierre, updated by Audrey Evans & Mark Roberts
- Summary of 2015 Louisiana Amendments to the Energy & Mechanical Code
Summary of The Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council (LSUCCC) Energy Efficiency & Mechanical International Residential Code Amendments for 2015, in plain language
- Text of 2015 Louisiana Amendments to the Energy & Mechanical Code
Text of The Louisiana State Uniform Construction Code Council (LSUCCC) Energy Efficiency & Mechanical International Residential Code Amendments for 2015
Local Jurisdiction Adoption of the 2009 Energy and 2012 Mechanical Codes
- East Baton Rouge Parish
- Jefferson Parish
- Lafayette Parish
- Northshore / St. Tammany Parish
- Orleans Parish
- Plaquemines Parish
- South Central Planning District
- New Construction Plan Review Letter Template — Shows changes (new requirements are highlighted in red).
- Energy Efficiency Certificate — Example certificate now required to be posted in or on the elec panel.
- Ducts (State Code) — Reference to new requirements for sealing HVAC ducts.
- Energy Efficiency — Air Barrier Inspection Requirements: New inspection requirements as of January 1, 2015.
- Example Manual J, D, & S — Now require all three documents; not just Manual J as in the past.
- New Inspection Type — Energy Efficiency (replaces Insulation inspection): New inspection type required to be performed by the building department (SCPDC) in place of what used to be called the Insulation Inspection. This is only a checklist of items — required inspection areas (including but not limited to these areas).
- New Inspection Type — Duct Leakage Test: New inspection type required to be performed by the building department (SCPDC) during Rough-in or at Final.
Resources from LSU AgCenter LaHouse Resource Center
- Contractors’ Intro to Duct and Envelope Tightness (DET)
Powerpoint Presentation by Dr. Claudette Reichel and Paul LaGrange courtesy of LSU AgCenter LaHouse Resource Center
- LaHouse Presentation:
“Building Science 101: Energy Upgrades for Existing Homes”
Powerpoint Presentation by Dr. Claudette Reichel, LSU AgCenter
- LaHouse Publication: Improve Your Home & Prosper
(6 page brochure)
- “Energy Star for Homes Program in New Orleans” — March 2016 presentation by Monica Gonzalez, Energy Star HVAC Senior Program Director, Enterprise Community Partners, Inc.
- Allison Bailes presentation: “Beyond Mini-Splits: An Introduction to Variable Capacity Equipment for Whole House HVAC Designs” (RESNET conference, 2014)
- Radiant Barrier Power Point Presentation
by Dr. Mario Medina, University of Kansas (October 2014)
Transitioning HVAC Companies to Whole House Performance Contractors (USDOE Publication)
Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET)
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
Proper Design of HVAC Systems for Spray Foam Homes
A report written by Doug Garrett, CEM,
ACCA Certified Instructor, Building Performance and Comfort Inc.